Capturing and sharing insights using Notes
Create notes with snapshots of data to capture a personal narrative, and to collaborate with others.
Create a private note in your personal space for your own use. Create a note in a shared or managed space to collaborate with your team.
In sheet view, select Notes in the toolbar. Select the space where you want to create the note, and then select Create new note.
You can also select Add new from the navigation bar and then create a new note.
For more information, see Working with notes.
Creating and viewing notes
All users in a tenant can create and share notes.
Notes that you create in a personal space are private and cannot be viewed by others.
Notes that you create in a shared or managed space can be viewed by other members of the space. As the creator of the note, you can allow other space members to edit notes. Additionally, editors of notes can allow other space members to edit notes.
The tenant admin can see all the notes that have been created by others in the tenant by selecting Explore in the navigation bar, and then selecting the Notes tab. However, the tenant admin cannot open or view the content of a note unless they are a member of the shared or managed space where the note resides.
Notes can be disabled by the tenant admin. For more information, see Managing Notes.
The following users can delete a note:
- Note owner
- Space owners and administrators
- Tenant admin
Data securityNote authors can add a snapshot to a note from any data that they can access. This includes sensitive data that could be restricted to other users based on section access rules. If the note is in a shared or managed space, all other space members can see the snapshots that are in the note. Note authors should use caution when sharing data that other users may not be authorized to see.
Manage the following notification preferences from Profile settings in your profile menu:
When you are added as a collaborator on a note
When you are mentioned in a note
Manage the notification for when a note is created in a space from Settings/Notification preferences in the space.
Notes does not support the following:
- Data spaces
- Qlik Sense Mobile for SaaS app
- QlikView apps (documents) in Qlik Sense
Notes does not support the following visualizations:
- Container, including individual charts in containers
- Custom extensions
- Dashboard bundle extensions
- Filter pane
- Word cloud chart extension
- Multi-KPI extension
- Trellis container extension
Notes also has the following limitations:
- A maximum of 25 users can open the same note at the same time.
- Note creation in browsers on mobile devices is not supported. Notes are read-only.
- Right-to-left setting is not supported.
- Dynamic charts are not supported.
- Selections from dynamic bookmarks are not supported in note snapshots. The selections will be the selections that were applied in the visualization when the snapshot was added to the note.
- Previous or next selections from set analysis expressions are not supported in note snapshots.
- Variable values in note snapshots are set and are not updated in snapshots if they change in the source app.