Exploring apps with conversational analytics
Insight Advisor Chat is a chat-based interface for conversational analytics. Insight Advisor Chat lets you search for insights in any app you can access.
You can access Insight Advisor Chat by clicking Ask Insight Advisor in the cloud hub.
You can enter your search or you can click the microphone icon if your browser's voice-to-text capability is supported in Insight Advisor. Insight Advisor Chat returns apps that contain relevant results. When you select an app, Insight Advisor Chat provides a text response or visualization. Insight Advisor Chat may suggest further analyses for your query that create different visualizations. You can also ask follow up queries, such as in Germany or for 2019, and Insight Advisor Chat provides new results.
What you can search for and view from apps depends on the app and your permissions in that app's space. For more specific information, see App content availability in Insight Advisor Chat.
To view and select from available options, click Apps, Dimensions, or Measures or enter Show apps, Show Dimensions, or Show measures. Dimensions and Measures display corresponding master items from an app. If an app has no master items, dimension and measure fields are displayed instead.
You can click Explore this further to view a visualization in Insight Advisor in the source app.
Apps must be enabled for insights if you want them to appear in Insight Advisor Chat. For more information, see Making apps available in Insight Advisor Chat.
Using natural language searches
Natural language searches need to reference field names or synonyms for field names from the data model of apps. You can view available apps by entering Show apps. You can view available dimensions and measures by typingshow dimensions and show measures. Clicking a dimension shows the first 10 values for that dimension. Clicking a measure applies that measure.
Natural language queries support three kinds of filters:
- Time: A unit of time or date. For example, Show me 2019 Sales.
- Category: A value from one of the dimensions. For example, Show me Sales by Product for Sweden.
- Measure: A value or values from a measure. For example, Show me Sales for Sweden by Product under 1K.
You can phrase your search queries for facts, comparisons, and rankings. Facts are statements such as What are my sales or Show expenses over time for 2019. You can ask for a comparison by adding vs or compare to your query. For example, Compare sales to expenses over time. You can ask for rankings by adding top to your query. For example, Show me top 10 product by sales for 2020.
Insight Advisor Chat has the following limitations:
Insight Advisor Chat supports English for natural language queries.
- Narrative responses in English only provide a general statement when the question includes more that two filters or more than two data value filters on a dimension. The filters used are included in the response, however.
- Narrative responses are not available for queries with multiple dimensions or three or more measures.
Insight Advisor supports Google Chrome voice-to-text capabilities for asking queries. When using voice-to-text for natural language queries, your Insight Advisor language should match the language used in your data.
Google Chrome voice-to-text capabilities are not supported with iOS devices.
Insight Advisor Chat does not support apps that use Section Access.
- Insight Advisor Chat displays apps enabled for chat in the hub from spaces that you can access. You must have permission in these spaces to view the apps. If you have Can manage permission in a managed space, but do not have Can view or Can contribute, you will see apps from that managed space in Insight Advisor Chat, but will not be able to see visualizations from them.
- New master items and business logic vocabulary added to apps are not available in Insight Advisor Chat until after the app reloads.