Creating pie charts and donut charts
The pie chart and the donut chart display the relation between values as well as the relation of a single value to the total. You can use a pie chart when you have a single data series with only positive values. You can use a donut chart when you have a single data series that includes negative values.
You can create a pie or donut chart on the sheet you are editing.
Do the following:
- In a sheet, click to add a new visualization.
- Under Visualization, select Pie chart or Donut chart.
- Click Add and select a field or master dimension for the dimension.
- Click Add and select a field or master measure for the measure.
The following settings are used by default in pie and donut charts:
- The top 10 sectors are presented in descending size order, clockwise.
- Colors are presented by dimension.
- Value labels are presented in percent.
After you have created the pie chart, you may want to add a radius measure or adjust its appearance and other settings in the properties panel.