The Qlik GitHub connector allows you to access and analyze GitHub repositories, importing the analysis data directly into your QlikView and Qlik Sense applications.
The Qlik Web Connectors help you connect to different data sources and fetch data in the same way. Learn how to authenticate a data source connection and how to use tables to fetch data.
- Qlik Sense Desktop
- Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows
This connector must be installed separately.
Ways to access your data
To use the Qlik GitHub Connector you must have a GitHub account with which to authenticate the connector.
After authenticating the connector a number of tables are available:
- Branches - Lists all branches in the specified repository.
- Commits - Lists all commits in a repository.
- DownloadFile - Downloads the specified file to the local host. If a branch is not specified, the default is the repository's default branch (usually Master).
- FileChanges - Lists which files were changed in a specified commit.
- GetRawFileAsBinary - Returns the raw content of a specified file. If a branch is not specified, the default is the repository's default branch (usually Master).
- Issues - Lists issues for a repository.
- OrganisationRepositories - Lists all repositories owned by the specified organization.
- PullRequests - Lists all pull requests for a specified repository.
- PullRequestsComments - Lists all comments on a pull request.
- PullRequestsCommits - Lists all commits in a pull request, to the maximum of 250 commits.
- PullRequestsFiles - Lists all files in a pull request, to the maximum of 300 commits.
- PullRequestsReviews - Lists all reviews on a pull request.
- RateLimit - Displays your current API rate limit status.
- Releases - Lists published releases.
- RepositoryComments - Lists comments in a repository.
- RequestedUserReview - Lists user review requests.
- SingleCommitStats - Displays the change stats for a specified commit.
- UserRepositories - Lists all public and private repositories owned by the authenticated user.
For further information, see:
Connector interface is pausing or locking
You have exceeded the quota limit on concurrent API requests. The connector will wait until the quota resets before continuing to run requests.
To reduce the impact of reaching the API rate limits, develop your app with the following in mind:
- Extract only the data you need.
- Reload one Github-based application at a time.
- Ensure that loops in your script that make API calls will not result in infinite loops.
Limit concurrent requests to avoid delays and run RateLimit queries to monitor current rate limit status.