The Qlik Dropbox Connector is a standard connector that allows you to download and upload files to your Dropbox cloud-based storage, using your QlikView and Qlik Sense apps.
The Qlik Web Connectors help you connect to different data sources and fetch data in the same way. Learn how to authenticate a data source connection and how to use tables to fetch data.
- Qlik Sense Desktop
- Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows
This connector must be installed separately.
Ways to access your data
To use the Qlik Dropbox Connector you must have a Dropbox account with which to authenticate the connector.
After authenticating the connector, a number of tables are available:
- AccountInfo - Returns information about the currently authenticated user.
- AccountInfoRawXML - Returns information about the currently authenticated user, in XML.
- Usage - Returns usage information about the currently authenticated user.
- Metadata - Returns the metadata for a file or folder.
List - Lists the contents, files and subfolders, of a folder in your Dropbox account.
- Revisions - Return the revisions of a file.
Search - Searches for files and folders.
- GetRawFileAsBinary - Returns the raw contents of a file.
- GetRawFileAsText - Returns the raw contents of a file as text.
UploadFile - Uploads a file to your Dropbox account.Note: This may overwrite any file already in the same location, depending on the mode used.
DownloadFile - Download a file from Dropbox.Note: This will overwrite any local file in the same location.
Authenticating with Microsoft Edge
If you have an issue authenticating with the connector, for example a 403 error, check that you can log in to the Dropbox website from Microsoft Edge.
If this fails, you need to change the security settings in the Control Panel. Go to Network and Internet > Internet Options > Security > Internet and change the setting from High to Medium high.
If it continues to fail, keep adjusting the setting until you can log in to Dropbox.
Once you can log into Dropbox from Microsoft Edge you should also be able to authenticate with the Qlik Dropbox Connector.