Configuring a tenant alias
Customers can define an alias for a tenant giving users two options to navigate to the tenant. The original tenant name is assigned when the service account owner (SAO) sets up your account. An alias that might better represent the customer, and can be configured or changed at any time.
Qlik Sense Business customers with a subscription and Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS customers can do the following:
- A tenant admin can update the Alias hostname then log in using the new alias.Information noteChanging the tenant alias will cause users who have bookmarked the original tenant alias to have to update their bookmarks. The new tenant alias must be communicated to users.
- A tenant admin can remove the Alias hostname.
- A tenant admin can update the Display name of their tenant.
To configure or change the tenant alias, complete the following steps:
- Log in to tenant using the original hostname.
- Go to the Management Console.
- Navigate to Configuration > Settings.
- Under Tenant enter or change the Alias hostname.
- Add or modify the Display name if desired.
- Navigate to hostname alias and log in to verify that tenant works with alias.