The Tools menu is a drop-down menu at the top of the screen, and contains the following commands:
- Edit module...: Opens the Edit Module dialog used for creating macros.
Open QlikView AccessPoint: Opens the QlikView AccessPoint in a html window inside QlikView Desktop. This command is only available if a URL for QlikView AccessPoint has been configured on the User Preferences: Locations page.Information noteDocuments cannot be opened with the QlikView Plugin from the AccessPoint inside QlikView Desktop.
- Open QlikView Management Console: Opens the QlikView Management Console/QlikView Enterprise Management Console in an html window inside QlikView Desktop. This command is only available if a URL for QlikView Management Console/QlikView Enterprise Management Console has been configured on the User Preferences: Locations page.
- Quick Chart Wizard...: This wizard helps creating a simple chart in a quick and easy way, without bothering about the great number of different settings and options available.
- Time Chart Wizard...: This wizard helps with the common task of building charts where a given measure (expression) should be qualified and often compared by different time periods, e.g. current year, last year, year-to-date etcetera.
- Statistics Chart Wizard...: This wizard provides guidance for those who want to apply common statistical tests on data in QlikView.
- Box Plot Wizard: This wizard creates a combo chart, often used for display of statistical data.
- Alerts...: Opens the Alerts dialog where alerts can be defined and edited.
- Alert Wizard...: This wizard helps with the task of defining an alert.
- Theme Maker Wizard: This wizard is used for creating a new theme or editing an existing theme.