A Caption setting will apply to the current object only, if it is made
from the Object Properties
A Caption setting will apply to all objects of the specified type(s) in the document, if it is made from the Document Properties page.
On the Caption page, specify layout options that are completely different from the general layout of the object.
- Show Caption: When this option has been checked a caption will be drawn at the top of the sheet object. List boxes and other "box objects" will have the option switched on by default whereas buttons, text objects and line/arrow objects will not.
- Title Text: In the text box you can enter a title to be shown in the caption of the sheet object. Use the Font... button to change the caption font.
Set the colors of the caption in its different states. The settings for Active Colors and Inactive Colors can be made separately from each other.
Click the Background Color or Text Color button to open the Color Area dialog. The Background Color can be defined as a solid or a gradient color on the Color Area dialog. Text Color can be defined a Fixed or a Calculated color using color functions.
- Wrap Text: If this option is checked, the caption will be displayed in two or more rows.
- Caption Height (Lines): Set the number of caption lines in this edit box.
The precise size and position of the QlikView object can be determined and adjusted by the size/position settings for the Normal or Minimized QlikView sheet object. These settings are measured in pixels:
- X-pos: Sets the horizontal position of the left side of sheet object in relation to the sheet's left edge.
- Y-pos: Sets the vertical position of the top side of sheet object in relation to the sheet's upper edge.
- Width: Sets the width of the QlikView sheet object.
- Height: Sets the height of the QlikView sheet object.
The orientation of the caption label can be altered with the Caption Alignment options:
- Horizontal: The label can be horizontally aligned: Left, Centered or Right within the caption area.
- Vertical: The label can be vertically aligned: Top, Centered or Bottom within the caption area.
Many of the object menu commands of the sheet objects can be configured as caption icons. Select commands to be shown as caption icons by marking the check box to the left of each command in the list.
- Allow Minimize:When this option has been checked a minimize icon will be displayed in the window caption of the sheet object, providing that the object is minimizable. Furthermore, this will make it possible to minimize the object by double-clicking the caption.
- Auto Minimize: This option becomes available when Allow Minimize is checked. When Auto Minimize is checked for several sheet objects on the same sheet, all but one will be automatically minimized at any time. This is useful e.g. for alternately displaying several graphs in the same sheet area.
- Allow Maximize: When this option has been checked a maximize icon will be displayed in the window caption of the sheet object, providing that the object is maximizable. Furthermore, this will make it possible to maximizing the object by double-clicking the caption. If both Allow Minimize and Allow Maximize are checked, double-clicking will effect minimizing of the object.
- Help Text: Here you may enter a help text to be displayed in a pop-up window. The
help text may be specified as a calculated formula. This option is not available at document level. Click the ...
button to open the Edit Expression
dialog for easier editing of long formulas.
Expression syntax for calculated formulas
Enter e.g. a description of the sheet object. A help icon will be added to the window caption of the object. When the mouse pointer is over the icon, the text will be displayed in a pop-up window.