This section provides an overview of how to establish a proxy session using the Qlik Sense Proxy Service (QPS).
TCP Listener: The default port is 443 (HTTPS). If no other suitable certificate is available on the machine, the Qlik Sense service certificate is used to secure the request.
Parse incoming request:
- Target service: Qlik Sense Engine Service (QES), Qlik Sense Repository Service (QRS), or Qlik Management Console (QMC)?
- Request headers
- Request type: Engine, static, or dynamic content.
Choose virtual proxy.
Authentication: The following must be true. If authentication fails, you are redirected to the Authentication module:
- Valid ticket or any session ID: Yes
- Anonymous users enabled: Yes
- Header authentication enabled and user ID present in header: Yes
- Invalid ticket or no session ID and no ticket: No
Got session ID: If this fails, you need to get a new session module, or to validate the current one.
Session ID in cache: If the session ID is invalid, you are redirected to the Authentication module.
Perform load balancing.
Session is established.