You can update your Qlik Sense deployment when a patch of the software is available for installation. A patch primarily includes software updates and fixes that are applied to the existing Qlik Sense version.
When you uninstall a patch, the individual updates from the installed version of Qlik Sense are removed.
In a multi-node site, all nodes must run the same version of Qlik Sense. We recommend installing patches with all nodes offline, and starting with the central node.
Before you install a patch Qlik Sense, do the following:
- Review System requirements for Qlik Sense Enterprise.
- Download the Qlik_Sense_update.exe file.
- Make sure you have logged on with Administrator rights using an account that has an actual password defined, that is, not a blank password.
- Create a backup of your Qlik Sense deployment. If Qlik Sense is installed on a Virtual Machine (VM) it may be sufficient to take a snapshot of the machine before upgrading. For more information, see Backing up a Qlik Sense site.
Do the following:
- Stop the Qlik Sense services on all nodes.
- Run the setup to install a patch on the central node.
When the installation is complete, the Summary is displayed.
If applicable, after the patching has completed, recreate the Qlik Sense root certificate according to this Support article: Recreating Qlik Sense root CA certificate when upgrading to June 2019 and above.
Applicable for the following and later Qlik Sense patches:
- February 2019 Patch 8
- April 2019 Patch 8
- June 2019 Patch 11
- September 2019 Patch 7
- November 2019 Patch 6
Click Finish to close the Summary.
Information noteIf the patch did not install successfully, the Failed screen is displayed. For more detailed information, see the installation log located in your temp folder accessed with environment variable %temp%.
- Start the Qlik Sense services.
- Repeat this procedure for each of the remaining nodes.
You have successfully applied a patch to your Qlik Sense deployment.