This object is used to display and select selection bookmarks. Bookmarks can be searched by name or selected from the drop-down. Depending on its configuration it can also be used for adding new bookmarks or deleting old ones. It basically offers the same options as the Bookmark menu but can be positioned on the sheet as a sheet object.
The object menu can be opened as a context menu by right-clicking on a sheet object, or by clicking the icon in the object caption (if shown).
The commands in the menu may vary depending on whether WebView is used from inside QlikView or opening the document in a web browser. The menu contains the following commands:
Opens the Properties dialog for the active sheet object.
Allows creating and sharing notes about the current object.
Copies the selected sheet object(s) to the clipboard. This function only copies sheet objects, not data or images.
|Saves the current selections as a bookmark.
|Removes the current bookmark
Iconizes the object. Clicking on the icon in the object caption (if shown) produces the same result. This command is available only if minimizing is allowed in the object's Properties dialog on the Caption page.
Restores a minimized or maximized object to its previous size and location. Double-clicking the icon of a minimized object or clicking the icon in the object caption (if shown) of a maximized object produces the same result. This command is available only for minimized or maximized objects.
Enlarges the object to fill the sheet. Clicking on the icon in the object caption (if shown) produces the same result. This command is available only if maximizing is allowed in the object's Properties dialog on the Caption page.
Removes the selected object from the sheet.
The Properties dialog is opened by selecting Properties from the Object menu. If the Properties command is dimmed, you probably do not have the privileges necessary to perform property changes.
Type the text that will be displayed on the Add Bookmark button. The value may be entered as a calculated formula. Click to open the Edit Expression dialog.
Type the text that will be displayed on the Remove Bookmark button. The value may be entered as a calculated formula. Click to open the Edit Expression dialog.
Sets the background to a color, either a solid color or a gradient. Click to choose the color.
Sets an image as background. Click to browse for an image. Click to open the Image popup.
- No Stretch: Displays the image without stretching. This may cause parts of the picture to be invisible or only part of the object to be filled.
- Fill: The image is stretched to fit the object area without keeping the aspect ratio of the image.
- Keep Aspect: The image is stretched as far as possible to fill the object area while keeping the aspect ratio.
- Fill with Aspect: The image is stretched to fill the object area in both directions while keeping the aspect ratio.
- Horizontal: Left, Centered or Right alignment.
- Vertical: Top, Centered or Bottom alignment.
- Transparency: Set the level of transparency by entering a value or by dragging the slider. At 100% the background will be completely transparent.
- Text: To set the font type click .
- Add Button: To set the font color for the Add button click .
- Remove Button: To set the font color for the Remove button click .
- Caption Font: To set the caption font type click .
- Active Caption: To set the background color for the active caption click . To set the text color click .
- Inactive Caption: To set the background color for the inactive caption click . To set the text color click .
- Use Border: Mark this check box in order to use a border around the sheet object. Click to set the color of the border.
- Border Width: Specify the width of the border in the input field, or drag the slider to the desired width. The width is specified in pixels.
Rounded Corners: Click to open the Rounded Corners popup.Information note
Rounded Corners is only available if you have selected Advanced Styling Mode in Document Properties: General.
Select Fixed or Relative roundness of the corners, and which corners to be affected. Also select Squareness by entering a value.
Label: In the text box you can enter a title to be shown in the caption of the sheet object. If no Label is set, the name of the field will be used if Show Caption is selected.
The value may be entered as a calculated formula.
Click to open the Edit Expression dialog.
Show Caption: When this option has been checked a caption will be drawn at the top of the sheet object. List boxes and other "box objects" will have the option switched on by default whereas buttons, text objects and line/arrow objects will not.
Caption Alignment: Can be Left, Centered, or Right.
Multi Line Caption (Word Wrap): If this option is checked, the text will be displayed in two or more rows.
Number of Rows: If multiple lines are allowed for the caption, specify the number of rows in the input field, or drag the slider to the desired number.
Caption Alignment: Can be Top, Centered, or Bottom.
Icons in Caption
- Menu: Opens the object menu.
- Clear: Clears all the current selections in the active sheet object.
- Print: Opens the selected sheet object(s) in tabular format in another browser window. Some clients may not handle this setting!
- Copy Data: Copies the field values in the sheet object. Some clients may not handle this setting!
- Copy Image to Clipboard: Copies the sheet object as an image to the Clipboard. Some clients may not handle this setting!
- Send to Excel: Exports possible (including selected) values to Microsoft Excel, which is automatically launched if not already running. The exported values will appear as one column in a new Excel worksheet. For this functionality to work Microsoft Excel 2007 or later must be installed on the computer. Some clients may not handle this setting!
- Allow Minimize: When this option has been checked a minimize icon will be displayed in the window caption of the sheet object, providing that it is possible to minimize the object. Furthermore, this will make it possible to minimize the object by double-clicking the caption.
- Auto Minimize: This option becomes available when Allow Minimize is checked. When Auto Minimize is checked for several sheet objects on the same sheet, all but one will be automatically minimized at any time. This is useful e.g. for alternately displaying several graphs in the same sheet area.
- Allow Minimize: When this option has been checked a maximize icon will be displayed in the window caption of the sheet object, providing that it is possible to maximize the object. Furthermore, this will make it possible to maximizing the object by double-clicking the caption. If both Allow Minimize and Allow Maximize are checked, double-clicking will effect minimizing of the object.
- Help Text: Here you may enter a help text to be displayed in a pop-up window. This option is not available at document level. The value may be entered as a calculated formula. Click to open the Edit Expression dialog.
It is possible to enter e.g. a description of the sheet object. A help icon will be added to the window caption of the object. When the mouse pointer is over the icon, the text will be displayed in a pop-up window.
- Fast Type Change: Here you can enable toggling between chart types. Not available for all objects. Click to open the popup.
- Fast Type Settings Popup: Check the boxes for the chart types you want to toggle between using fast type change.
Some options may not be available for all objects.
- Read Only: Makes the chart read only, that is selections cannot be made by clicking or painting with the mouse in the chart.
- Allow Move/Size: If this option has been deselected it will be impossible to move or resize the sheet object.
- Allow Copy/Clone: If this option has been deselected it will be impossible to make a copy of the sheet object. This setting may not be handled by all clients.
- Size Object to Data: Normally the borders around all table sheet objects in QlikView will shrink when selections cause the size of the table to be less than allocated size for the sheet object. By deselecting this check box this automatic adjustment of size will be turned off leaving any surplus space blank.
- Allow Show Info in Caption: When the Info function is in use an info icon will be displayed in the window caption whenever a field value has information associated to it. If you don't want the info icon to be displayed in the caption, you can uncheck this option. Only available for list box, statistics box, multi box and input box.
- Preserve Scroll Position: When marking this check box and the corresponding one in the User Preferences, Objects dialog, QlikView will preserve the vertical scroll position when a selection in table objects has been made.
- Use Show Condition: The sheet object will be shown or hidden depending on a conditional expression which will be evaluated continuously depending on e.g. selections etc. The sheet object will only be hidden when the condition returns false. The value may be entered as a calculated formula. Click to open the Edit Expression dialog.
- Normal: Specify the position of the object by setting Left and Top margins, and Width and Height of the object.
- Minimized: Specify the position of the minimized sheet object by setting Left and Top margins, and Width and Height of the minimized object.
- More.../Less...: The following options are available:
- Owner: Domain and User Id of the owner.
- Share Object: Enable to share objects with other users. Enabling this selection will enable the settings below.
- Share with: Choose either Share with everyone or Share by username.
Users (Domain\UserID): If Share by username is chosen a list with added users will be shown.
To add users click , a row is added, highlight the row to unlock it and edit the user information. To remove users click after each user to be removed.