The GeoAnalytics Map chart provides a map background for Layer charts that might contain Qlik Sense data.
The layers are presented on top of the map chart and not in their own space on the sheet.
It is the layers that uses dimensions and measures from the Qlik Sense data, not the map chart.
At the top there is a link to documentation for GeoAnalytics for Qlik Sense, including this document.
Parameters for Map Settings
URL to Qlik GeoAnalytics server.
When running a standard installation with maps hosted by Qlik, this need not be changed.
It will use https if the page uses https otherwise http. You need to reload the app after changing this value.
It is recommended that this property is left empty. Then the extension will use the custom server URL that can be configured during installation of GeoAnalytics for Sense Server if specified, otherwise it will connect to the server in cloud.
Id of this map. Use this value in layers to connect them to this map.
The map background to use.
- Default - the standard, OSM based map background, expects coordinates in WGS-84, displayed projection is Mercator
- Default Adaptive - same as Default but displayed with the adaptive projection that does not exaggerate the areas close to the poles as much when zoomed out
- Default server rendered - as default but server rendered, can be more efficient on some devices
- Plain - a plain, OSM based map background, with pale colors and few details, expects coordinates in WGS-84, displayed projection is Mercator
- Plain Adaptive - same as Plain but displayed with the adaptive projection that does not exaggerate the areas close to the poles as much when zoomed out
- Empty (WGS-84) - no map background is displayed, expects coordinates in WGS-84, displayed projection is unprojected WGS-84
- Empty (Mercator) - no map background is displayed, expects coordinates in WGS-84, displayed projection is Mercator
- Empty (undefined meters) - no map background is displayed, expects coordinates in any user defined meter based coordinate system
When unchecked the labels in client rendered base maps are turned off.
|Zoom to Selection||default:checked||
When checked, the maps zooms to the objects in the selection when the selection changes.
|Auto Select Visible||default:unchecked||
When checked, zooming and panning will change selection based on what is shown on the map.
This feature only works if the SpatialIndex operation from the GeoAnalytics connector has been applied to the data displayed.
See the GeoAnalytics connector documentation for more information.
Parameters for Appearance: General
Standard Sense title properties.
Appearance: Interaction and Controls
Parameters for Appearance: Interaction and Controls
When checked the map can be panned by dragging the map.
When checked the map can be zoomed by mouse wheel and pinch.
|Zoom Limits||default: Inner 1.2, Outer 80000||
Zooming in/out stops at these inner/outer scales.
To set a limit to the current scale, drag the upper or lower limit towards the other and it will snap to the current scale.
There are also limits in the different base maps that applies.
Specifies how multi-select of values in the currently selectable layer is done.
- none - multi-select disabled
- box - select by dragging corners of a rectangle
- circle - select by dragging from center and out in a circle, the distance is presented as the circle is dragged
- lasso - select by drawing the perimeter of an area
|Show Scale Bar||default:checked||
When checked the scale bar is displayed in the bottom left corner.
|Show Layer Control||default:unchecked||
When checked, a button is displayed in the upper right corner which opens a layer list where layers can be turned on or off.
|Show Zoom Controls||default:unchecked||
When checked a zoom in and a zoom out button are available at the map.
|Show Error Messages||default:checked||
When checked a small error symbol appears at the top of the map when there is an error or warning.
Clicking the symbol displays the errors. The error list is cleared at every new selection.
Here the amount of information that should be logged in the error window can be specified.