The Qlik Sense log files are named in accordance to the following file rollover procedure:
- The log is stored in a file named <MachineName>_<LogType>_<Service>.txt.
- When the file is full or a pre-defined amount of time has passed, the file extension is automatically changed to .log and a time stamp is appended to the file name for uniqueness and archiving. This means that the new file name becomes <MachineName>_<LogType>_<Service>_<YYYYMMDDTHHmmss>Z.log. The file is then moved to the repository database on the central node by the Qlik Sense Repository Service (QRS) and archived.
- A new log file, named <MachineName>_<LogType>_<Service>.txt, is created.
The format of the file name is as follows:
- <MachineName> = Name of the server where the log was created.
- <LogType> = The type of events that are covered by the log.
- <Service> = The service that the log originates from (for example, Proxy or Repository).
- <YYYYMMDDTHHmmss>Z = Time stamp for when the log file was closed for new entries, where:
- YYYY: Year
- MM: Month
- DD: Day in month
- T: Delimiter, time designator
- HH: Hour
- mm: Minutes
- ss: Seconds
- Z: UTC designator, indicates that the time stamp is in UTC format