On the Loop Field in Document tab, the QlikView Publisher (QVP) can be configured to distribute the current document.
The Loop Field in Document function provides distribution to users based on the content of each user. Combining the Loop and Reduce function with the Loop and Distribute function, the result can be that each user gets specific and relevant information, only.
For example, one document should be distributed to all the people employed in a specific country, and the document should be distributed to the QlikView Server, each document given a unique name. The following describes a solution:
- In the source document, which contains the information that should be distributed, add an Employee field containing the user name of each employee, and make sure that they are associated to the country of the user.
- Set up By Field Value for Loop and Reduce to use the Country field.
- Edit the name template to include the Country field,
- In the Field Containing Recipient Information drop-down list, select the Employee field.
- In the Check User Identity On drop-down list, select the SAMAccountName option.
- In the Target Type drop-down list, select the QlikView Server option.
To open the document, thus enabling the selection of a field that contains information about the recipients, click on this button.
Field Containing Recipient Information
Select the field that contains the desired information about the recipients, in the drop-down list.
Check User Identity On
Select the desired type of user identity check, in the drop-down list. The available options are the following directory service attributes:
These attribute names correspond to the attributes in the Microsoft Active Directory, which are described in the following:
- SecurityIdentifier, a unique value of variable length used to identify a user account, group account, or logon session to which an ACE applies.
- DisplayName, the display name for an object, which is usually the combination of the first name, middle initial, and last name of a user.
- SAMAccountName, the logon name used to support clients and servers running older versions of the operating system, such as Windows NT 4.0, Windows 95, Windows 98, and LAN Manager. This attribute has to consist of less than 20 characters to support older clients.
- E-mailAddress, the list of e-mail addresses for a contact.
- UserPrincipalName, this attribute contains the UPN, that is, an Internet-style user login name, based on the Internet standard RFC 822. The UPN is shorter than the distinguished name and easier to remember. By convention, this should map to the user e-mail name. The value set for this attribute is equal to the length of the ID of the user and the domain name.
If another Directory Service Provider (DSP) is used, these attribute names correspond as closely as possible to attributes with similar functions.
To choose the document distribution method, tick one of the following check boxes, and configure the applicable fields:
To distribute to the QlikView Server (QVS), tick this check box and select the desired Server and Mount in the drop-down lists.
To distribute to the e-mail recipient(s), tick this check box.
To select a folder to distribute to, click on the Browse icon, , and choose the folder in the Choose Folder dialog.