The Qlik Sense log files are named in accordance to the following file rollover procedure:
- The log is stored in a file named <MachineName>_<LogType>_<Service>.txt.
- When the file is full or a pre-defined amount of time has passed, the file extension is automatically changed to .log and a time stamp is appended to the file name for uniqueness and archiving. This means that the new file name becomes <MachineName>_<LogType>_<Service>_<YYYY-MM-DDTHH.mm.ss>Z.log. The file is then moved to the repository database on the central node by the Qlik Sense Repository Service (QRS) and archived.
- A new log file, named <MachineName>_<LogType>_<Service>.txt, is created.
Aviso: If the .log file is deleted before being copied to the repository database on the central node, the file is lost and cannot be recreated.
The format of the file name is as follows:
- <MachineName> = Name of the server where the log was created.
- <LogType> = The type of events that are covered by the log.
- <Service> = The service that the log originates from (for example, Proxy or Repository).
- <YYYY-MM-DDTHH.mm.ss>Z = Time stamp for when the log file was closed for new entries, where:
- YYYY: Year
- MM: Month
- DD: Day in month
- T: Delimiter, time designator
- HH: Hour
- mm: Minutes
- ss: Seconds
- Z: UTC designator, indicates that the time stamp is in UTC format