Exploring apps with conversational analytics
Insight Advisor Chat is a chat-based interface for conversational analytics. Insight Advisor Chat lets you search for insights in any app you can access.
Insight Advisor Chat is available with an Insight Advisor Chat or Qlik Insight Bot license. You can access Insight Advisor Chat by clicking Ask Insight Advisor in the Qlik Sense hub. Insight Advisor Chat can also be accessed through Slack and Microsoft Teams.
You can enter your search or you can click the microphone icon if your browser's voice-to-text capability is supported in Insight Advisor. Insight Advisor Chat returns apps that contain relevant results. When you select an app, Insight Advisor Chat provides a text response or visualization. Insight Advisor Chat may suggest further analyses for your query that create different visualizations. You can also ask follow up queries, such as in Germany or for 2019, and Insight Advisor Chat provides new results.
What you can search for and view from apps depends on the app and your access rights. You can search for master items from published apps. If a published app uses a logical model, you can search for the available fields and master items from the app logical model. For more specific information, see App content availability in Insight Advisor Chat.
To view and select from available options, click Apps, Dimensions, or Measures or enter Show apps, Show Dimensions, or Show measures. Dimensions and Measures display corresponding master items from an app. If an app has no master items, dimension and measure fields are displayed instead.
You can click Explore this further to view a visualization in Insight Advisor in the source app.
Apps must be enabled for insights if you want them to appear in Insight Advisor Chat. For more information, see Making apps available in Insight Advisor Chat. Insight Advisor Chat can be integrated into mashups. For more information, see Integrating Insight Advisor Chat into a mashup.
Using natural language searches
Natural language searches need to reference field names or synonyms for field names from the data model of apps. You can view available apps by entering Show apps. You can view available dimensions and measures by typingshow dimensions and show measures. Clicking a dimension shows the first 10 values for that dimension. Clicking a measure applies that measure.
Natural language queries support three kinds of filters:
- Time: A unit of time or date. For example, Show me 2019 Sales.
- Category: A value from one of the dimensions. For example, Show me Sales by Product for Sweden.
- Measure: A value or values from a measure. For example, Show me Sales for Sweden by Product under 1K.
You can phrase your search queries for facts, comparisons, and rankings. Facts are statements such as What are my sales or Show expenses over time for 2019. You can ask for a comparison by adding vs or compare to your query. For example, Compare sales to expenses over time. You can ask for rankings by adding top to your query. For example, Show me top 10 product by sales for 2020.
Insight Advisor Chat has the following limitations:
Insight Advisor Chat supports English for natural language queries.
Insight Advisor supports Google Chrome voice-to-text capabilities for asking queries. When using voice-to-text for natural language queries, your Insight Advisor language should match the language used in your data.
Google Chrome voice-to-text capabilities are not supported with iOS devices.
Apps using Section Access require additional configuration for service users to make the apps available in Insight Advisor Chat. For more information, see Using Section Access and Insight Advisor Chat. Apps using Section Access have the following limitations:
App suggestions for your query include apps using Section Access from the streams to which you have access. If you do not have access to those apps, selecting the apps will do nothing.
When clicking Dimensions or Measures to view the available items for your query, you may see dimensions or measures listed to which you have not been given access with the app's Section Access. Selecting these will not give you any data, however.
- Insight Advisor Chat displays apps that you can access that are enabled for chat in the hub. You must have view permission for the apps to view visualizations from these apps.
- New master items and business logic vocabulary added to apps by republishing are not available in Insight Advisor Chat until after the app reloads.
- New master items and business logic vocabulary added to unpublished apps are not available in Insight Advisor Chat until after the app reloads or after the Insights for chat in hub setting is toggled off then on.
- Insight Advisor Chat is not supported with Qlik Sense Desktop.
- Voice-to-text queries are not supported in Slack or Microsoft Teams.
- Slack and Microsoft Teams do not include buttons for Apps, Dimensions, and Measures.