Exploring apps with Insight Advisor Chat
Insight Advisor Chat is a chat-based interface for conversational analytics. Insight Advisor Chat lets you search for insights in any app you can access.
Insight Advisor Chat is available with an Insight Advisor Chat or Qlik Insight Bot license. You can access Insight Advisor Chat by clicking Ask Insight Advisor in the Qlik Sense hub. Insight Advisor Chat can also be accessed through Slack and Microsoft Teams.
Slack and Microsoft Teams access to Insight Advisor Chat must be configured by an administrator. For more information, see Configuring Qlik Insight Advisor Chat for external channels.
When you enter a search query, such as what are my current sales, Insight Advisor Chat returns apps that contain relevant results. You can then select an app and Insight Advisor Chat creates visualizations using that app. You can ask follow up queries, such as in Germany or for 2019, and Insight Advisor Chat provides new results.
If you need assistance, enter help.
To view and select from available options, click Apps, Dimensions, or Measures or enter Show apps, Show Dimensions, or Show measures.
You can enter your search or you can click the microphone icon if your browser's voice-to-text capability is supported in Insight Advisor. To view apps, dimensions, or measures, click the corresponding button. You can click Explore this further to view the visualization in Insight Advisor in the source app.
Apps must be enabled for insights if you want them to appear in Insight Advisor Chat. For more information, see Enabling Insights in the hub.
Using natural language searches
Natural language searches need to reference field names or synonyms for field names from the data model of apps. You can view available apps by entering Show apps. You can view available dimensions and measures by typingshow dimensions and show measures. Clicking a dimension shows the first 10 values for that dimension. Clicking a measure applies that measure.
Natural language queries support three kinds of filters:
- Time: A unit of time or date. For example, Show me 2019 Sales.
- Category: A value from one of the dimensions. For example, Show me Sales by Product for Sweden.
- Measure: A value or values from a measure. For example, Show me Sales for Sweden by Product under 1K.
You can phrase your search queries for facts, comparisons, and rankings. Facts are statements such as What are my sales or Show expenses over time for 2019. You can ask for a comparison by adding vs or compare to your query. For example, Compare sales to expenses over time. You can ask for rankings by adding top to your query. For example, Show me top 10 product by sales for 2020.
Insight Advisor Chat has the following limitations:
Insight Advisor Chat supports English for natural language queries.
Insight Advisor supports Google Chrome voice-to-text capabilities for asking queries. When using voice-to-text for natural language queries, your Insight Advisor language should match the language used in your data.
Google Chrome voice-to-text capabilities are not supported with iOS devices.
Insight Advisor Chat does not support apps that use Section Access.
- Insight Advisor Chat displays apps that you can access that are enabled for chat in the hub. You must have view permission for the apps to view visualizations from these apps.
New master items and business logic vocabulary added to apps by republishing are not available in Insight Advisor Chat until after the app reloads.
New master items and business logic vocabulary added to unpublished apps are not available in Insight Advisor Chat until after the app reloads or after the Enable Insights for chat in hub setting is toggled off then on.
- Insight Advisor Chat is not supported with Qlik Sense Desktop.
- Voice-to-text queries are not supported in Slack or Microsoft Teams.
- Slack and Microsoft Teams do not include buttons for Apps, Dimensions, and Measures.
- Insight Advisor only allows users to select master items in their queries in published apps. Insight Advisor Chat, however, can use fields from published apps. If you go to Insight Advisor using from Explore this further, your search may no be available.