When you are working with an unpublished app, you can create master dimensions so that they can be reused. Users of a published app will have access to the master dimensions, but will not be able to modify them.
Do the following:
Click Edit sheet in the toolbar.
The assets panel opens on the left-hand side.
- Click to select the master items tab.
- Click the Dimensions heading to expand the category.
Click Create new.
The Create new dimensions dialog opens.
- Select if the dimension is to be single or drill-down.
For drill-down dimensions, see Creating a drill-down dimension.
Click a field on the left-hand side to select it.
The name of the field is automatically added as the name of the dimension.
- Change the name if you want to.
- Type a description for the dimension (optional).
If you want to specify a color, click in the color drop down and select a color through one of the following methods:
- Click one of the colors in the palette.
- Type a 6 character color code in the Hex input field: #.
- Click at the bottom of the dialog, select a color in the color wheel, and optionally adjust the saturation slider.
- Add tags (optional).
- Click Create.
- Click Done to close the dialog.
The dimension is now saved in the Dimensions category in the master items, and you can use it in visualizations.