A new session is started when you log in to the Qlik Management Console (QMC). You can start from one of the following situations:
- If the Internet browser tab with your previous session is still open you should see a Login dialog in the middle of the page. Click the Login button to start a new session.
Otherwise, start the QMC from the Qlik Sense program group in the Start menu or enter the address of the QMC in the address field of your Internet browser.
Note: You may be prompted to enter your user name and password.
- By default the QMC address is https://<QPS server name>/qmc.
- Unencrypted communication is allowed if the proxy property Allow HTTP is selected. This means that both https (secure communication) and http (unencrypted communication) are allowed. Then the QMC address is https://<QPS server name>:Service listen port HTTP/qmc (where https can be replaced by http).
The QMC opens at the Start page.
Starting the QMC for the first time after installation
The first time you access the QMC after a Qlik Sense installation you must activate the license.
Do the following:
Enter the address of the QMC in the address field of your Internet browser.
The QMC opens at the Site license page.Note: You may be prompted to enter your user name and password.
Activate your license.
This makes you the root administrator for the Qlik Sense site that is assigned to the RootAdmin role.
There are two license models: the serial and control number and the signed license key. These models define the terms of your license and the access types that you can allocate to users. There are two major license types: one based on access types, and one based on tokens.
- Access types licenses are the Professional and Analyzer Users licenses (user-based) and Analyzer Capacity licenses (capacity-based). With a Professional and Analyzer Users license you can allocate professional access and analyzer access. With an Analyzer Capacity license you can allocate analyzer capacity access, where consumption is time based (analyzer time).
- With a Qlik Sense Token license you use tokens to allocate access passes to users. You can allocate user access and login access.
An access type allows users to access the hub and apps within a Qlik Sense site.Note: If you want to set up Qlik Cloud Services or Qlik Sense Enterprise on Kubernetes, please contact your Qlik representative or Qlik Support to obtain a valid license for the setup.
You have now started the your first QMC session. The next step is to allocate user access or professional access to yourself.