You can publish a link to a QlikView document in the Qlik Sense hub instead of distributing files by email or to a specific folder location.
You can use this method when you want to share a QlikView document with a named user that is part of the Active Directory user group in both QlikView and Qlik Sense. In QlikView, the administrator must set up distribution to Qlik Sense.
QlikView and Qlik Sense requirements
To enable the publishing of QlikView documents links, the following is required:
- Your QlikView version is 12.00 SR3 or newer.
- Your QlikView installation has a Publisher license.
- A different set of certificates (client.pfx, server.pfx, and root.cer) has been exported, by your system administrator, from the Qlik Sense Management Console to each of the QlikView Distribution Service (QDS) machines.
- Qlik Sense has been configured to allow shared content.
- The server connection to the QlikView AccessPoint has been configured to use the machine name.
QlikView certificate requirements
When creating a set of certificate for QlikView, the following is required:
- The certificates must be created using the full name, including the domain of the QDS machine.
- The certificates must be password protected.
- A secret key pair must be created.
The following topics provide details about the configurations needed when publishing QlikView document links in the Qlik Sense hub:
- Configuring Qlik Sense to allow users to publish a link to shared content
- Configuring the QlikView Distribution Service with the Qlik Sense certificates
- Creating a task to publish a link to a QlikView document in the Qlik Sense hub
Publishing links to QlikView documents in the Qlik Sense hub
You share links to QlikView documents in the Qlik Sense hub by using the QlikView Management Console. To view QlikView documents, log in to the Qlik Sense hub using the same credentials as a the named user that has access to the documentwas shared with. Select a link to a document in QlikView documents to open the QlikView AccessPoint in a new window. When viewing QlikView documents in Qlik Sense, no changes can be saved.
Do the following:
- Click the Documents tab.
- Expand a QDS machine instance and locate the document you want to share.
- Click to create a new task.
- On the Distribute tab, click to add a recipient.
- Select the Named User user type.
- Click to add a user.
- On the Document Information tab click to add an attribute.
- Type ShowInSenseHub in the Name field and true in the Value field.
- Click Apply.
The task may be run and will now add a link to the QlikView document in the Qlik Sense hub.
The Source Document page opens.