The Execute statement is used to run other programs while Qlik Sense is loading data. For example, to make conversions that are necessary.
A text that can be interpreted by the operating system as a command line. You can refer to an absolute file path or a lib:// folder path.
If you want to use Execute the following conditions need to be met:
- You must run in legacy mode (applicable for Qlik Sense and Qlik Sense Desktop).
You need to set OverrideScriptSecurity to 1 in Settings.ini (applicable for Qlik Sense).
Settings.ini is located in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Engine\ and is generally an empty file.
Do the following:
- Make a copy of Settings.ini and open it in a text editor.
Check that the file includes [Settings 7] in the first line.
- Insert a new line and type OverrideScriptSecurity=1.
Insert an empty line at the end of the file.
- Save the file.
- Substitute Settings.ini with your edited file.
- Restart Qlik Sense Engine Service (QES).
Execute C:\Program Files\Office12\Excel.exe;
Execute lib://win\notepad.exe // win is a folder connection referring to c:\windows