The container is an object that lets you add visualizations in a limited space. You can also show or hide the visualizations inside the container based on conditions.
When to use it
The container is useful when you want to be able to quickly switch between different visualizations, on a dashboard with limited screen real estate. You can also use a container to show different visualizations based on:
- Which user is accessing the chart.
- The value of a variable.
Possible number of values in a field, by using the GetPossibleCount() function in the condition expression.
Creating a container
You can create a container on the sheet you are editing.
Do the following:
- From the assets panel, drag a Container object to the sheet.
- Click Add under Content in the properties panel.
Select a master visualization in Master items, or select to create a new visualization in Charts.
Alternatively: you can add content to your container by dragging available visualizations from your sheet, or from your Master items, directly on the container.
- Drag the charts in the property panel to set the tab order.
You will now have a container with a tab for each visualization you added. You can switch between tabs to show different visualizations.
Adding show conditions
You can add show conditions on the tabs you have created.
Do the following:
- Click on the chart you want to add a show condition to, under Content in the property panel.
- Add a show condition for the chart in Show condition. Typically you would use an If() function.
- Add another show condition to a different chart.
The charts will now be shown or hidden depending on the result of the conditions you added. If the condition of a chart results in True, it is shown, and if it is False, it is hidden.
- You cannot use a master visualization that contains a container inside another container.
- It is not possible to add the same master visualization twice on a container.
- Tab selection is remembered when navigating between sheets or refreshing the browser only for the same session only.
- It is not possible to create a chart inside a container by dropping measures or dimensions on the container.