You can set a default bookmark for an app. By specifying a default bookmark, you can choose the default selections that your app consumer sees when they open the sheets in your published app.
Consider the following when using default bookmarks:
- You can only set or remove a default bookmark in an unpublished app.
- You can only set one default bookmark for an app.
- You can clear the default bookmark when viewing a sheet. However, the bookmark will be applied when you re-open or reload the sheet.
- In a published app, the app consumer can clear the default bookmark and make other selections. However, the default bookmark will be re-applied when the app consumer re-opens or reloads a sheet.
- When you duplicate an app, the default bookmark is duplicated with the app.
For more information about bookmarks, see Bookmarking selections.
You can use a default bookmark in conjunction with the Always one selected value for a field to highlight specific selections for your app consumer.
Set a default bookmark
Do the following:
- Click > in the toolbar of a sheet. The Bookmarks window opens.
- Right-click an existing bookmark, and then click Set selections as app default. An icon is added beside the bookmark indicating that the bookmark is the app default.
- Click the bookmark. The Bookmarks window closes. The bookmark is shown in the top toolbar, and the selections are shown in the app.
- To test that the default bookmark is working properly, close and then reopen the app. The default bookmark and selections should be shown when you open a sheet.
To remove a bookmark as the default, open the Bookmarks window in an unpublished app, and then right-click the default bookmark. Click Remove selections as app default.
For more information about creating bookmarks, see Creating bookmarks.