The On-Demand reporting extension is a visualization extension that adds a button to create Qlik NPrinting reports on demand. It is included in
You need to have access to a Qlik NPrinting Server (June 2017 or later) with a Qlik NPrinting app that is connected to the Qlik Sense app that you are designing. This Qlik NPrinting app contains your report templates. There are some additional requirements:
Reports need to be enabled for On-Demand in the Qlik NPrinting web console.
- All users running On-Demand reports need to be added as users in Qlik NPrinting, with a security role that supports running On-Demand reports.
When to use it
The On-Demand reporting extension is useful when you want the user to be able to print predefined Qlik NPrinting reports within Qlik Sense, using their selections in the app as a filter.
Creating an on-demand reporting button
You can create an On-Demand reporting button on the sheet you are editing.
Do the following:
- From the assets panel, under Custom objects > Dashboard bundle drag On-demand reporting to the sheet.
Set the server connection in Server Connection under NPrinting Connection in the property panel. The URL must end with /.
Example: https://<server name>:4993/
- Select the Qlik NPrinting that contains the report template app in Choose App.
- Select the report to connect to the button in Choose Report under Report Configuration.
- Select a default export format of the report in Default Export Format.
- Set the button label in Button Label under Appearances.
You have now created an On-Demand reporting button. When you click the button, a report is generated.
Generating a report
You can generate a report that is filtered according to the current selections in the Qlik Sense app. You need to be in analysis mode.
Click on the button that you created.
The Export dialog is opened, showing the status of the report generation.
- When the report is generated a download button is activated. Click the download button to download the report.
You have now downloaded the report.
For information about general limitations, see Limitations of extension bundles supplied by Qlik.
- If you make selections on a field in the Qlik Sense app, the same field needs to be included in the Qlik NPrinting report template, or the report will fail.
- If the Qlik NPrinting report template contains a filter, it is not possible to make conflicting selections in the Qlik Sense app, or the report will fail.