On this page
To make data from files available to the visualizations that you create in your app, you have to:
- Upload your data files to your cloud. Each data file must be 500 MB or less.
- Add the data to your app. This is a preliminary step that allows you to select and prepare the data that you want to load.
- Load the data into your app. When you are done selecting and preparing the data, you can load the data into your app. After you load the data, you can use it to create visualizations in your app.
Upload your data files
You can upload data files to your cloud from the MyDataFiles window. There are different ways to open this window:
- When you create a new app, you are given the option to add data. Click Add data from files and other sources. You can then click Data files in the left menu. Click MyDataFiles, and then upload a data file.
- If you are working on an existing app, click the Data tab, and then click Add data. You can then click Data files in the left menu. Click MyDataFiles, and then upload a data file.
- If you have access to the Data load editor, click Select data in the right menu under MyDataFiles, and then upload a file.
After you have uploaded a file to your cloud, you can add the data to you app, and then load data into your app.
Load data into your app
Do not add a table in Data manager that has already been added as a scripted table with the same name and same columns in Data load editor.
Do the following:
- Open an app.
- Open the Data manager and then click ú. You can also click Add data in the ¨ menu. Adding data allows you to select and prepare your data before you load the data into your app.
- Click Data files.
- Choose the file that contains your data. Qlik Sense provides you with a preview of your data.
Select the tables and fields to load.
Click Add data to open the data in the Associations view of the data manager. This allows you to continue to add data sources, transform the data, and associate the tables in Data manager.
Data profiling is enabled by default when you click Add data. Data profiling does the following:
- Recommends data associations.
- Auto-qualifies common fields between tables. This adds a unique prefix based on table name.
- Maps date and time fields to autoCalendar.
Tables are not associated on common field names automatically. You can associate tables in the Associations view.Tip: If you want to load the data directly into your app, click ¥ and then disable data profiling. This will also reload all existing data from data sources when you add the data. Tables will be associated on common field names automatically. Date and time fields will not be created.
Click Load data when you are done preparing the data. If serious problems are detected, you need to resolve the problems in Data manager before you can load data into the app.
Upload an updated data file
To update data in an app, you can upload an updated data file with the same name as the file you that you previously uploaded. When prompted, choose the replace the previous file. After you have uploaded the data file, you can reload the data into your app.