You can add measures as custom tooltips that appear as additional tooltips over a visualization. You can add a measure from a field, or you can add a measure using an expression. You can also hide all or part of the tooltips from a visualization.
Custom tooltips are available in the following visualization types:
- Bar chart
- Combo chart
- Line chart
- Pie chart
- Scatter plot
Creating a custom tooltip
Do the following:
In sheet view, click in the toolbar.
Click the chart that you want to edit.
- In the properties panel, click the Tooltip tab.
Set the switch to Custom to be able to add measures as tooltips.
- Click on Add measure to add a measure as a tooltip.
You can add a measure from a field using From a field. You can also use an expression to add a measure. Click to open the expression editor. The existing expression is displayed by default.
You can remove basic tooltip rows using Hide basic rows.
Styling the custom tooltip
You can change the way the tooltip is displayed.
- You can hide the rows of the tooltip that show basic information with Hide basic rows. If a custom tooltip has no measures and a title and description, Hide basic rows will also hide dimension values as well.
- You can add a title to the tooltip with Title.
- You can add a description to the tooltip with Description.
- You can change the label of the tooltip with Label.
- You can set the formatting with Number formatting.