Uploading image files to media library
The media library contains the images you can use in your app: in text & image visualizations, on story slides, and as thumbnails for apps, sheets, and stories.
You can upload images to the media library. Because of limitations in the web browsers supported by Qlik Sense, it is recommended to keep the height and width as well as the file size of the images as small as possible. The maximum file size is 5 MB.
The following formats are supported: .png, .jpg, .jpeg, and .gif. You can upload images to the In app folder in the media library.
You can open the media library in several ways. Do one of the following:
- In the app overview, click @ in the app details area and click 0 on the thumbnail.
- If you are editing a sheet, double-click the text & image visualization to open the editing toolbar and click 0.
- In storytelling view, click 0 in the story tools panel and drag Image onto the slide and then double-click inside the image placeholder.
The Media library dialog opens and now you can upload images.
Do the following:
- Select Upload media.
Do one of the following:
- Drop one or more image files onto the designated area.
- Click the designated area to open the upload dialog, browse and select images, and click Open.
An upload indicator is displayed while the image file is being uploaded. You can cancel an ongoing upload by clicking on E on the image.Information noteYou cannot upload a file if its file name already exists in the media library.
Now you have added images to the media library. Click the image and select P to insert the image.