You can monitor visualizations in the cloud hub, enabling you to view charts without opening any apps.
You can select a visualization from an app and add it to your personal space in the cloud hub. Visualizations you add this way can be found in Your content on the Home section of the cloud hub. Any bookmarks and selections applied to the visualization are kept when it is added to the hub. The monitored visualization updates every time the source app reloads.
When you open a chart in the hub, the chart shows the latest version of the chart from the last reload of data in the source app. You can view the chart, the chart details, and the history.
If you have added a visualization from an app to which you no longer have access, the last version of the visualization you had access to will display.
You cannot make selections in the chart, but you can view the chart in the source app by clicking View in app. For example, you may want to apply bookmarks or see how the chart changes based on new selections. View in app opens the source app to the visualization with selections applied.
In Details, you can view the last time the chart was reloaded, when the chart was created, tags, and the source app and space. You can open the source app or space. Selections displays the selections that were applied to the chart when you added it to the hub.
History contains previous versions of the chart that can be viewed and interacted with. Each day the app data reloads, another version is added to History. You can view past 10 days of chart versions. If an app is reloaded multiple times per day, the history for that day will be overwritten with the latest data for that day.
You can edit the chart title by clicking the title. You can edit tags by clicking. .
Monitoring visualizations has the following limitations:
- The following visualizations cannot be monitored:
- Filter pane
- Word cloud chart extension
- Multi-KPI extension
- Trellis container extension
- Dashboard bundle extensions
- Custom extensions
- You can view data in tooltips when hover over values in the chart for the following charts:
- Bar chart
- Funnel chart extension
- Line chart
- Mekko chart
- Pie chart
- Sankey chart extension
- Right-to-left setting is not supported in monitored charts.
- Selections from dynamic bookmarks are not supported in monitored charts. The selections in the monitored visualization will be the selections that were applied in the visualization when it was added to the hub.
- Previous or next selections from set analysis expressions are not supported in monitored charts.
Variable values in monitored charts only update after the source app reloads.
Monitoring visualizations in cloud hubs
Do the following:
- In the sheet view of an app, right-click a visualization and select Monitor in hub.
- Optionally, edit the name of the visualization.
- Optionally, add tags to the visualization.
- Click Monitor.
Removing visualizations from cloud hubs
Do the following:
- In the cloud hub, on a visualization, click and select Delete.
- Click Delete.