This topic describes how to create a basic C# Windows Forms application in Visual Studio.
Do the following:
Create a label (label1) to display the version of the Qlik associative engine.
- Select Solution Explorer > Form1.cs > View Designer to open the Form1.cs [Design] page.
- Create a label Toolbox > Common controls > Label
- Place the label on the Form1 component.
Create an event handler for the load event of the form.
- Open the Properties panel for the Form1 object and click on the Events button.
- Double click on Load to add an event. The event (Form1_Load) is added and the code page is displayed.
Create a connection to the engine by adding a using clause for Qlik.Engine in the Form1.cs file.Note: This example assumes that the engine is running locally because the hub is retrieved from Qlik.Engine.Location.FromUri.
Then call ProductVersion as a synchronous call to retrieve the version number from Qlik associative engine and update the label.
Run the program.
- Select Debug > Start Debugging.
- Ensure there is a compatible Qlik associative engine running. The version number of the engine is displayed.
You have now created a basic C# Windows Form application.