Deploying mashups to the Qlik Sense Mobile app
Qlik Sense mashups are webpages that contain Qlik Sense app objects, such as charts and data. When a mashup is published in the Qlik Sense Enterprise hub, it can be also accessed from the Qlik Sense Mobile app.
Why use mashups in the Qlik Sense Mobile app
Using mashups in the Qlik Sense Mobile app enables faster loading and reduced data consumption for the mobile device. Mashups are generally less resource intense than Qlik Sense apps. This means that less data has to be retrieved from the Qlik Sense Enterprise server when loading a mashup in the Qlik Sense Mobile app.
A mashup retrieves the necessary data from the Qlik Sense server every time it is opened. This ensures that the mashup is always up to date with the Qlik Sense Enterprise installation.
Only mashups published in Qlik Sense can be accessed from the Qlik Sense Mobile. In the Qlik Sense Mobile app, mashups are listed in a dedicated Mashups stream. All public mashups in a Qlik Sense Enterprise installation are visible in the Qlik Sense Mobile app. An admin can restrict access to specific users by creating a security rule in the Qlik Management Console. See: Restricting access to mashups in the Qlik Sense Mobile app.
To restrict access to mashups in the Qlik Sense Mobile app to specific users, the Qlik Sense Enterprise administrator must setup a security rule in the Qlik Management Console (QMC).
Do the following:
Open the QMC: https://<QPS server name>/qmc
- In the QMC, create a custom property by doing the following:
- Set a name for the new custom property, for example, "StreamAccess".
- In the Resource Types section, select the Extension and Users check boxes to apply the custom property to these resource types.
- In the Value section, create a new custom property value, for example, "MyMashup".
- To allow access to mashups to specific users, apply the custom property created in step 1 to the selected users. In the QMC, go in the Users section and edit users by adding "MyMashup" in the StreamAccess field.
- To allow access to extensions to specific users, apply the custom property created in step 1 to the selected users. In the QMC, go in the Extension section and edit extensions by adding "MyMashup" in the StreamAccess field.
- Create a new stream. Add to the stream the Qlik Sense apps that contain the data used in the mashups.
- To prevent users from accessing a mashup, change the extension security rule as follows:
- Create a copy of the default extension security rule.
- Edit the copy you created by adding the condition ((resource.name!="MyMashup")), where "MyMashup" is the custom property you created in step 1.
- Disable the default extension security rule to make the new one effective.
Create the following security rule for extensions: ((user.@StreamAccess="MyMashup")) to allow specific users to access all extensions. See: Creating security rules .
- Apply the same security rule ((user.@StreamAccess="MyMashup")) to the stream you created in step 4 to allow specific users to access the stream. See: Editing streams.