In case of a system crash, the certificates may need to be restored on the central node of your Qlik Sense site.
Do the following:
- Open the Task Manager in Microsoft Windows and stop all Qlik Sense services except the Qlik Sense Repository Database (QRD) service.
- Open a command prompt, and launch the Microsoft Management Console (mmc) as the user that runs the Qlik Sense services.
- Select File>Add/Remove Snap-in.
- Double-click Certificates.
- Select Computer account and click Next.
- Select Local computer and click Finish.
- Double-click Certificates.
- Select My user account and click Finish.
- Click OK.
- Expand Certificates (Local Computer) in the left panel.
- Right-click the Trusted Root Certification Authorities folder and select All Tasks>Import.
- Click Next.
- Browse to the file that contains the backed up Certificate Authority (CA) for all nodes in the site and then click Next. The CA is named <computer_that_issued_the_certificate>-CA by default.
- Enter the password for the .pfx file (that is, the password that was given when the file was exported).
- Select Mark this key as exportable and Include all extended properties. Then click Next.
- Select Place all certificates in the following store and click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Click the Refresh button () and check that the imported CA is available in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities folder.
- Import certificates:
Starting at step 11, repeat the procedure and import the server certificate to Certificates (Local Computer)>Personal>Certificates. The server certificate a) has the same name as the Domain Name System (DNS) name of the machine, and b) is signed by the CA for all nodes in the site.
Starting at step 11, repeat the procedure and import the client certificate (that is, the ID of the client) to Certificates - Current User>Personal>Certificates. The client certificate is named QlikClient and is signed by the CA for all nodes in the site.
Starting at step 11, repeat the procedure and import the QlikServiceCluster certificate, which is located under Certificates (Local Computer)>Personal>Certificates.
- Close the MMC console.
- Start the Qlik Sense services. If the services are started manually, start them in the following order:
- Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher(QSD)
Qlik Sense Repository Service (QRS)
If the user running Qlik Sense services is not local administrator on the machine, you need to start Repository.exe from an elevated command prompt using the -bootstrap parameter.
- Qlik Sense Proxy Service (QPS), Qlik Sense Engine Service (QES), Qlik Sense Scheduler Service (QSS), and Qlik Sense Printing Service (QPR) in no specific order
No changes have to be saved.
The start-up order is important. During start-up the QRS must be able to contact the Qlik License Service, which is managed by the QSD. The other services are dependent on the QRS. The QSD must therefore be running when the QRS is started.