Managing email sharing
Chart sharing lets Qlik Sense users share static Qlik Sense charts with anyone regardless of whether they are Qlik Sense users or not. When this feature is enabled, users have the option to send Qlik Sense charts to any email address.
You must provide an email server from which emails are sent. You can use a dedicated email server or use an SMTP provider like G Suite or Office 365.
Email settings and chart sharing are administered by tenant admins from the Management Console under Configuration > Settings.
Configuring an SMTP email server
In the Email server section of the Settings page in the Management Console, enter the outgoing email settings for sharing content via email.
Do the following:
- Enter the server address (SMTP) from which to send email notifications.
- Enter the port number for the email server.
- Choose the appropriate security type:
- Enter the sender email address.
- Enter the email account password.
- Click Test to check whether the SMTP settings are correct.
When you click next, a window opens where you can enter an email address where you will receive a test email.
If the email server is working, you should receive an email with the title: Test email from Qlik Management Console. The sender will be the email address you entered above.