You can update your Qlik Sense deployment when a patch of the software is available for installation. A patch primarily includes software updates and fixes that are applied to the existing Qlik Sense version.
When you uninstall a patch, the individual updates from the installed version of Qlik Sense are removed.
In a multi-node site, all nodes must run the same version of Qlik Sense. We recommend installing patches with all nodes offline, and starting with the central node.
Before you install a patch Qlik Sense, do the following:
- Review System requirements for Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows.
- Download the Qlik_Sense_update.exe file.
- Make sure you have logged on with Administrator rights using an account that has an actual password defined, that is, not a blank password.
- Create a backup of your Qlik Sense deployment. If Qlik Sense is installed on a Virtual Machine (VM) it may be sufficient to take a snapshot of the machine before upgrading. For more information, see Backing up a Qlik Sense site.
Do the following:
- Stop the Qlik Sense services.
- Run the setup to install a patch on the central node.
When the installation is complete, the Summary is displayed.
Click Finish to close the Summary.
Note: If the patch did not install successfully, the Failed screen is displayed. For more detailed information, see the installation log located in your temp folder accessed with environment variable %temp%.
- Start the Qlik Sense services.
- Repeat this procedure for each of the remaining nodes.
You have successfully applied a patch to your Qlik Sense deployment.