Creating a file share or shared folder is a necessary prerequisite before you install Qlik Sense. The file share is used to store all the Qlik application data and must be accessible to all nodes in your Qlik Sense site. You can create a file share either on the same server as the central node or on a separate server. If you have a large multi-node site we recommend that you configure the file share on a dedicated server for better resilience and performance.
If you create the file share on a separate server then you can follow the same steps as for a central node but you must ensure that the same Windows domain user that you use to run the Qlik services has read and write access to the file share folder.
To create a file share and share the folder with specific users:
- Create a local folder on your server computer. For example, create a folder called QlikShare on the C:\ drive.
- Right click the folder, and then click Properties.
- Click the Sharing tab, and then click Share.
- Enter the name of your Windows user, and click Add.
- In the Permission level column, select Read/Write, then click Share.
Ensure that permissions on the folder, subfolders, and files are set to full control for the user account you selected.
To do this:
- Click the Security tab.
- Select the user account you want to use for the installation.
- Click Advanced and check that your user has full control and that this permission applies to the folder, subfolders, and files.
- Click the Effective Access tab and then click Select a user and enter your user account name.
- Click View effective access and check in the Permission column that your user has full control.