If you have uninstalled Qlik Sense but maintained your PostgreSQL database, and you want to upgrade to Qlik Sense June 2017 or later, you must create a database dump file and restore the PostgreSQL database manually. You will also need to manually reconfigure any custom parameters.
Do the following:
- Copy the PostgreSQL folder from %ProgramData%\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL to a temporary location outside of the %ProgramData% folder.
- Download and install PostgreSQL version 12.x from the PostgreSQL website. For more information, see Installing and configuring PostgreSQL.
Open a Command Prompt in Microsoft Windows.Warning: The pg_ctl.exe command should not be run as an administrator.
- Navigate to the location where the PostgreSQL repository database is installed, %ProgramFiles%\PostgreSQL\<database version>\bin, and run the following commands:
- pg_ctl.exe start -w -D "C:\SenseDB\12.x"
- set PGUSER=postgres
- set PGPASSWORD=password
- pg_dumpall.exe > [<path to dump file>]
- pg_ctl.exe stop -w -D "C:\SenseDB\12.x"
In the Command Prompt window, navigate to the folder containing the Qlik_Sense_setup.exe file.
Run the following command to install Qlik Sense and restore your Qlik Sense Repository Database.
Qlik_Sense_setup.exe databasedumpfile=<path_to_dump_file>Warning: The path to the dump file must be entered as an absolute path. Using a relative path will result in an installation failure.
- Follow the setup to complete the installation. For more information, see Deploying Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows.