Azure deployment example
Microsoft Azure provides a cloud infrastructure with all the services and computing power you need to provide a reliable, cloud deployment platform for Qlik Sense that can performance, regardless of unexpected changes in demand, and concurrency.
Qlik Sense single-node deployment on Azure
Components in a typical Qlik Sense deployment on Azure:
- Azure Virtual Network (VNet) - a logically isolated area of the Azure cloud where you can launch Azure resources in a virtual network that you define.
- Subnet - you need at least one subnet (either public or private) within the Virtual Network. This could be a public or private subnet.
- Public subnet - subnet with direct access to the internet.
Private - a subnet that cannot be reached from the internet.
- Virtual Machine - A Windows Server virtual machine instance deployed in the default subnet onto which you can install and configure your instance of Qlik Sense server.
- Resource Group/Resource Manager - enables you to deploy, manage, and monitor the different components in your Microsoft Azure solution as a group. This makes it easier to deploy, update or delete components in a single, coordinated operation using the Resource Manager.
- Network Security groups - a list of Access Control List (ACL) rules that allow or deny network traffic to the Virtual Machine instances in a Virtual Network.
- Azure Active Directory and Identity Management - depending on the expected administration of the environment, integration with Azure Active Directory and Identity Management may be needed to manage fine-grained permissions for access to various Azure services involved in the deployment process.
- Qlik Sense Server node - a single node deployed on Windows Server inside the default subnet.
- Qlik Sense node in a public subnet with direct Internet access.
- Qlik Sense node in a private subnet without Internet access.
The decision whether to choose a public or private subnet in your deployment depends on your overall solution requirements.
The following example shows a complete Qlik Sense Enterprise, single node deployment on Azure Cloud.