You can handle the communication between the Qlik License Service and the License Back-end with a proxy.
The Qlik License Service is included in Qlik Sense Enterprise
In a Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows multi-node deployment, the Qlik License Service is installed on every node. You can manage the status of the Qlik License Service by starting and stopping the Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher, listed in the list of services running in the
With Qlik Sense
In Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows, configuration of a proxy for the Qlik License Service is done using command line parameters. Both HTTP and HTTPS schema are supported.
With Qlik Sense
Do the following:
- Stop the Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher, which handles the execution of the Qlik License Service.
- Navigate to the services.conf file, which by default is located in:
- Locate the section [licenses.parameters], which by default contains the following lines:
- Add the line -proxy-uri=http://myproxy.example.com:8888 as shown below:
Browse to %ProgramFiles%\Qlik\Sense\Licenses and run Encrypt-Password.ps1 [password for proxy access].
Copy the generated encrypted password and use it in the next step.
- To require authentication on tunneling proxies add the following lines to the services.conf file:
-proxy-uri=[the uri of the proxy]
-proxy-auth-mode=ntlm|basic|(leave empty for no authentication)
-proxy-user=[username without domain]
-proxy-domain=[the domain] (only for NTLM)
- Save and close the services.conf file.
- Restart the Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher.
- If you have a multi-node installation, repeat these steps for all the nodes in your installation.
Where "http://myproxy.example.com" is the address of your company's proxy, and "8888" is the port used by the proxy.