Managing spaces in the management console
Spaces are managed in the management console on the Spaces page.
The spaces page has two tabs:
- Overview shows the current number of shared and managed spaces, and the creation date of the latest space.
- Spaces shows a table with space name, space type, space owner, description of the space, and the space creation date. You also have buttons for deleting a space, changing the owner, editing the space, and creating a new space.
The following are the space types:
- Personal spaces: In personal spaces, only the owner can edit apps, that is, you cannot co-develop in personal spaces. You can share apps outside your space, but only for viewing.
- Shared spaces: Shared spaces allow for easy co-development of apps within a closed group of users. What actions you can perform with an app in a space is determined by permissions and your license. With a professional license you can create a shared space in the hub. You can then add new members to your shared space and assign them permissions.
- Managed spaces: Managed spaces enable governed access to apps. Managed spaces are restricted to members. Permissions are assigned to members when they are added to a managed space. Permissions define what members can access in a space. Apps that you develop in a personal or shared space can be published to a managed space. Only space owners and target app consumers can open apps in a managed space. Other users can open apps if they have viewing permissions. Managed spaces can only be created by tenant administrators.
Changing the owner of a space
Do the following:
Select the spaces for which you want to change owner.
Click Change owner.
A dialog is displayed.
Search for a user who will be the new owner.
For more information, see Working in shared spaces.