Setting general connection properties
You can add an IBM DB2 for LUW database to Qlik Replicate to use as a source. For information on how to add endpoints, see Adding and managing endpoints.
You can also use IBM DB2 for LUW File Channel files as a source. For more information, see Using the Qlik Replicate file channel.
To add an IBM DB2 for LUW source endpoint to Qlik Replicate:
- In the Qlik Replicate console, click Add database to open the Add Endpoints dialog box.
- In the Name field, type a name for your database. This can be any name that will help to identify the database being used.
- In the Description field, type a description that helps to identify the IBM DB2 for LUW database. This is optional.
- Select SOURCE as the database role.
Select IBM DB2 for LUW as the database Type.Note:
When this endpoint is used as duplicated source in a Log Stream Staging setup, select the Read changes from log stream check box and then select the relevant Log Stream Staging task from the drop-down list.
For information on setting up and managing Log Stream Staging tasks, see Using the Log Stream.
Choose one of the following:Note:
When replicating from an IBM DB2 for LUW HADR environment and the task’s Apply Changes replication option is enabled, the endpoint must be configured to read from the primary instance.
- Use database alias (DSN) - If you choose this option, specify the IBM DB2 for LUW database alias.
- Use these connection properties - If you choose this option, enter the IBM DB2 for LUW Server (hostname or IP address), Port and Database name in the designated fields.
Enter the IBM DB2 for LUW authentication information (User Name, Password) for the authorized user for this IBM DB2 for LUW database. If you do not know this information, see your IBM DB2 for LUW database administrator (DBA).
This information is case sensitive.
Make sure that the specified user has the required access privileges.