You must have a valid license to work with Qlik Replicate. You can request a license from the License settings page in the Qlik Replicate Console. In the License Request dialog box, fill out the required information and submit the request by email. Once your request is approved, the license file is sent to you by email. To use Qlik Replicate, register the license by using the procedure described in Registering a license.
To request a license:
- From the Server page, click License.
At the top of the License tab, click Request License.
The Replication License Request dialog box opens.
Enter the requested information:
Request type: Select one of the following:
- New License: Select this if this is your initial license request.
- Extend License: Select this if you have a license and want to extend its period of validity.
- Alter License: Select this if you want to make changes to an existing license. For example, if you want to add additional sources or targets or change the host computer.
- License to: Type the name of the company or group that is requesting a license to use Qlik Replicate.
License type: Select one of the following:
- Permanent: Select this if the license will always be valid. Permanent licenses do not require an expiration date.
- Evaluation: Select this if you are requesting a temporary license to use Qlik Replicate for a trial period.
- Term: Select this if you are requesting a license that is valid for a specific period of time. In this case you must be sure to include an expiration date in your request.
- Expiration date: Click in this field to select the expiration date using the pop-up calendar. This is required only if you selected Evaluation or Term in as the License type.
- Hosts: Type the name of the local computer where Qlik Replicate is installed. By default the name of the local computer is displayed in this field. You can change this or add additional computers if you are installing Qlik Replicate in a different or an additional location.
- Source Types: Click Edit to open the Edit Source Types dialog box. Check the endpoint types you are working with as your replication sources. You can select one or more endpoint endpoints as necessary. If you need to work with all available endpoints, click All.
- Target Types: Click Edit to open the Edit Target Types dialog box. Check the endpoint types you are working with as your replication targets. You can select one or more endpoint endpoints as necessary. If you need to work with all available endpoints, click All.
Click Send by Mail to open an email request for the license. Send the email to the address entered in the recipient field of your default email client.Note:
If you have not registered a default email client, clicking the Send by Mail button will not open your email client. For instructions on registering a default email client, refer to your browser's or operating system's online help.
Click Copy to Clipboard to copy the information to the computer’s clipboard. You can paste this information into the Advanced license request and edit it as necessary. For more information, see Using the advanced license request option.
The advanced license request option lets you request a license by manually typing the information. Make sure to include all of the information required as described in Requesting a license. The following is a suggested format for the advanced option:
Request type:New License
License to: <company name>
License type: Permanent
Source Types: Oracle
Target Types: SQLServer