When using IBM DB2 for LUW as a database in a Replicate task, the following limitations currently apply:
Clustered database is not supportedNote:
Users can define a separate IBM DB2 for LUW database for each of the endpoints in the cluster.
Change processing limitations:
- When truncating a table with multiple partitions, the number of DDL events displayed in the Replicate console will be equal to the number of partitions. This is because IBM DB2 for LUW records a separate DDL for each partition.
The following DDLs on partitioned tables are not supported:
- ALTER TABLE ADD PARTITION
- ALTER TABLE DETACH PARTITION
- ALTER TABLE ATTACH PARTITION
- Change processing does not support the DECFLOAT data type. Consequently, changes to DECFLOAT columns will be ignored during CDC.
- The RENAME COLUMN statement is not captured.
- When performing updates on MDC (Multi-Dimensional Clustering) tables, each update is shown in the Replicate console as INSERT + DELETE.
- When the task setting “Include LOB columns in replication” is disabled, any table that has LOB columns will be suspended during change processing.
- When the Audit table option is enabled in the Store Changes Settings tab, the first timestamp record in the audit table will be NULL.
- When the Change table option is enabled in the Store Changes Settings tab, the first timestamp record in the table may be Zero in some cases (i.e. 1970-01-01 00:00:00.000000).
- DB2 10.5 and above: Variable-length string columns with data that is stored out-of-row will be ignored. Note that this limitation is only applicable to tables created with extended row size.
The Purescale environment is supported using the Start processing changes from source change position Run option only.