On the Reduce wizard guide page, the new task can be configured how split a document into several reduced copies of the original.
Select one of the following options:
- Reduce by Field Value, meaning that one reduced document is created, by selecting the fields and values that should be distributed.
- Reduce by Bookmark, meaning that one reduced document is created, by selecting the bookmarks that should be distributed.
See: Reduce by Bookmark
You can also create several separate documents, based on a field value.
See: Loop and Reduce
To be able to use the contents of the document for selecting bookmarks or fields and field values, the document has to be opened by clicking on this button.
To select the fields that should be part of the reduced document to be distributed, select them in this box.
To select the values that should be part of the reduced document to be distributed, select them in this box.
Presents the selected fields.
Presents the selected values.
To clear all selected fields and values, click on the Clear Selection icon, .
Presents the Bookmarks that are available in the document.
To select the bookmark to distribute, scroll down the drop-down list and select it.
To create several separate documents for each value in the selected field, select the Field from which the value is to be looped.
To get context sensitive help information (this WebHelp), that is, detailed information about the contents of the current page, click on the Help text in the upper right corner of the page.
If applicable and available, use the following buttons to move between pages within the wizard:
- Previous, meaning 'go back to the previous wizard guide page'; the configuration on the current wizard guide page will be stored until moving forward again, using the Next button.
- Next, meaning 'go ahead to the next wizard guide page'.
- Finish, meaning 'finish this wizard', using the configured information.
- Cancel or , meaning 'abort this wizard', without using or storing any configuration; no task will be created.