On the Advanced tab, the QlikView Distribution Service (QDS) handling of the QlikView engine (QVB.exe) can be managed.
By default, when Distribution Groups are not activated, this section and the following settings are available.
- Max number of simultaneous QlikView engines for distribution - The maximum number of simultaneous QlikView Batch instances (default 4).
- Max number of simultaneous QlikView engines for administration - The maximum number of simultaneous QlikView Batch readers (default 20).
When a distribution group is activated this section is replaced by Cluster Node Settings.
Defines the maximum number of simultaneous distributions of documents to a cloud deployment.
Max number of simultaneous Cloud Distributions
The maximum number of simultaneous distributions of documents to cloud. Default i 5.
If the number of document distributions to cloud exceeds what is defined in Max number of simultaneous Cloud Distribution, the cloud distribution tasks end up in Queued state. Other distributions, cloud distributions with documents excluded, will run as usual.
When section access is defined in the documents, it may be necessary to configure a specific entry for the QDS to avoid it interfering with the work of the task. By default, the QDS will apply the section access associated to the Windows user under which the service run. This may be overridden at each task. If a default override is preferable, it can be defined by configuring the login credentials in the following text boxes:
To configure the user name, enter the desired credentials in this text box.
To configure the password, enter the desired credentials in this text box.
To send a work order to the designated QDS, click on the Send Work Order button.
Preload Source Document Administrators
Allows cache to be generated for users and groups of users assigned as document administrators. Cache generation can be scheduled or manually triggered.
Daily at a specific time defined in the format HH:MM.Information noteIf the daily execution already has been done and you change the time, changes will not apply until the next day.
Every # hours
Click the Load Doc Admins button to manually generate cache.
If you have added at least one AD group as document administrators, the cache is persisted when clicking the Load Doc Admins button and stored on disk: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\DocAdmins.db.
Cluster Node Settings
When Distribution Groups are activated, this section provides QlikView Distribution Service (QDS) URL as well as lists the configuration defined in the DistributionGroupDefinition.xml file.
For each QDS in a publisher group, the following is configured:
- Max Simultaneous Engines (For Dist) - The maximum number of simultaneous QlikView Batch instances (default 4).
- Max Simultaneous Engines (For Admin) - The maximum number of simultaneous QlikView Batch readers (default 20).
- Number of Dedicated Engines - The number of dedicated QlikView Batch instances (default 0).
- Run Dedicated Tasks Alone- Whether to run dedicated tasks alone or not (default false).
- Dedicated Task Grace Time- If Run Dedicated Tasks Alone is set to Yesand this setting means that no regular task may be started by this QDS within number of minutes or less until the nearest dedicated task is scheduled (default 0).
- Distribution Groups - List of available distribution groups
When a distribution group is activated, this section provides the QDS URL as well as list the group(s) this QDS node is part of.