In the search field of the Manage Users dialog, the following apply:
- Searches in the Microsoft Active Directory are performed on the account names, sAMAccountName (the login name) and name (the entire account name), only.
- The asterisk operator, '*', meaning 'match of any character(s)', is supported.
- The separator operator, ';' (semicolon), meaning that several search criteria can be stated at the same time, is supported.
- Searches are not case sensitive, meaning that upper and lower case characters are treated as if they were the same.
- Searches can be limited within a specific directory service provider, by stating a qualifier.
jsmith*;wjones* will search for account names matching jsmith* or wjones*.
<domain_name>\jsmith* will search for account names matching jsmith* in the directory <domain_name>, only.
<computer_name>\jsmith* will search for local account names matching jsmith* on the local <computer_name>, only.
custom\jsmith will search for account names matching jsmith in custom users, only.
jsmith* will search for account names matching jsmith* in any configured directory service provider.