Here you can determine a number of default settings for sheet objects.
- Enable all confirmation messages: When QlikView is first installed on a computer a number of warning dialogs are enabled. Each of these will prompt for confirmation before performing certain actions, such as deleting sheets and sheet objects or sending e-mail. Every warning dialog includes a checkbox stating: "Do not show this message again". By checking the box that particular warning dialog is permanently suspended. To turn all previously disabled warning dialogs back on, click the Enable button in this group.
- Table Defaults:
- Show Selection
Select this option if column selection indicator (beacons) should be enabled as default for new table boxes, pivot tables and straight tables.
- Show Sort
Select this option if an icon indicating the primary sort column should be default for new table boxes and straight tables.
- Field drop-down
Select this option if a drop-down selection icons should be displayed in field columns for new table boxes, pivot tables and straight tables.
- Show Selection Indicators
- Default Label for Others: In a number of chart types it is possible to limit the number of plotted data points by setting a Max value. All data points that fall outside this limit are collectively grouped as "Others". It is possible to edit the default label for Others here.
- Default Label for Total: The totals that may be displayed in bar charts, pivot tables and straight tables is given the default label "Total". It is possible to edit the default label for Total here.
Icon Defaults: In the group it is possible to set defaults for selected
- Include Search
Icon in New List Box Captions
When this check box is marked, all new list boxes will have the Search caption icon enabled at creation. This is recommended for better usability and especially if the document is to be published for the QlikView AJAX client.
- Include Print
and XL Icons in New Table and Chart Captions
When this check box is marked, all new tables and charts will have the Print and Send to Excel caption icons enabled at creation. This is recommended for better usability and especially if the document is to be published for the QlikView AJAX client.
- Include Search Icon in New List Box Captions
- Preserve Scroll Position: With this setting enabled, QlikView will try to preserve the scroll position of tables and charts with a scroll bar when a selection is made in another object. The setting must be enabled on the objects’ Layout page as well. The scroll position is not preserved when you close the document.
- Max Symbols in Charts: It is possible to specify an upper limit to how many data points that will be displayed with symbols. The default number is 100. This feature is only useful in line charts and combo charts, for expressions with both Line and Symbol checked.
- Click in Chart background Clears Selection: If this option is checked, clicking in the background of a chart's plot area will cause all selections in the chart's dimension fields to be cleared.
- Calculation Progress Information: In this
group it is possible to determine the level of information to be displayed when
the calculation of sheet objects require more than one second to complete.
No progress information is displayed.
A progress bar is displayed.
A progress bar and additional text information is displayed.