Publish a link to a QlikView document in a Qlik Sense cloud hub
You can publish links to QlikView documents in a cloud hub. Users access the link from the cloud hub and open the document in a QlikView Server environment.
To publish a link to a QlikView document in a Qlik Sense cloud hub, you first need to connect your QlikView Server to a Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS or Qlik Sense Enterprise on Kubernetes deployment. You publish the link by creating a task in the QlikView Management Console. Once it is published in a cloud hub, the link is accessible from the cloud hub. The QlikView document is opened in QlikView Server.
Creating a task to publish a link to QlikView document
You can use the same task to distribute both a QlikView document and its link. The same settings will apply to both distributions. For optimal performance however, and if you want to apply dedicated settings when distributing a QlikView document or its link to a cloud hub, you should use separate tasks to publish QlikView links and documents.
Before you create the distribution task, make sure you connect your QlikView Server to your Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS or Qlik Sense Enterprise on Kubernetes deployment.
Do the following:
In the QlikView Management Console, go to Documents tab, then open the Source Documents section.Note: You can only publish documents from any of the source documents folders listed under Distribution Services. The default path is C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\SourceDocuments.
Select the source document you want to publish to a Qlik Sense cloud hub.
Select the Add button to create a new document task. Select the Edit Task button to edit an existing task.
- Configure the link distribution.
Note: You can select only one cloud deployment. To distribute to multiple cloud deployments, create a separate distribution task for each cloud deployment.
- Navigate to the Distribute tab, then open the Manually section.
- In the Distribute to QlikView Server section, select Add recipients button.
- From the drop-down menu that is now visible, select a server and a user type.
- In the Distribute to Cloud Native section, select Distribute link to enable the distribution of the link to a Qlik Sense cloud hub.
- In the Cloud Deployment drop-down menu select the Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS or Qlik Sense Enterprise on Kubernetes deployment you want to distribute the link to.
- Add one or more tags to the deployment. Adding tags is optional. Tags are visible in the cloud hub with your QlikView document link and they are used to filter content in the cloud hub.
- Select Apply to create the task. Tasks are listed in the Status tab, in the Task section.
- Right-click the task and select Run to distribute the document link to the Qlik Sense cloud hub.
When you publish a QlikView document or a link to a QlikView document, they are not published with any existing security rules. It is up to the Qlik Sense Enterprise admin to add the published QlikView document to a managed space. Managed spaces are used for providing governed access to apps with strict access control both for the app and the app data. In a managed space, only the space owner and target app consumers can open the apps. No other users can open the apps in the managed space unless they have been given permission. For more information on managed spaces, see Working in managed spaces.
If your task fails, use the QlikView Server logs to help determine the problem. This section lists possible solutions to tasks that fail.
You do not have access to the document source data and the default data reload causes the task to fail.
When you create a new task, data reload is enabled by default. This means the task attempts to reload the data before publishing the document or link. If you do not have access to the source data, for example you copied the QVW file into your source documents folder, the task will fail.
Disable the data reload in the task configuration.
Do the following:
- In the QlikView Management Console, go to Documents, then open the Source Documentation section.
- Select the task that is failing.
- In the task configuration menu that opens, open the Reload tab.
- Under Perform Reload section, deselect Enable.
- At the bottom, click Apply.
- Run the task again.