QlikView at a glance
QlikView makes it easy to grasp the overall picture, spot connections, and make insights, even when working with large and complex data sets. You can integrate information from different sources and the information can quickly be made available throughout your network, ensuring that the right information gets to the right person. The associative data model technology on which QlikView is based allows you to create a unique interface for interactive presentation and analysis of any kind of information.
QlikView manages information in a way that resembles the human brain. Just like the human brain, it gradually makes associative connections in the information being processed. You - not the database - decide which questions to ask. Just click on the item you want to know more about.
Retrieving data in conventional systems is often a complex task requiring extensive knowledge of the structure of the databases and of the syntax of the query language. The user is frequently limited to predefined search routines. QlikView revolutionizes this by making it possible to select freely from data displayed on the screen with a click of the mouse. Conventional information search systems often require a top-down approach, while QlikView allows you to get started with any piece of data regardless of its location in the data structure.
QlikView helps you acquire a unified and coherent overview of the data in different databases - your own or someone else's, central or local. QlikView can be used with virtually any database.
With QlikView you can:
- Create a flexible end user interface to an information warehouse.
- Get snapshots of data relations.
- Make presentations based on your data.
- Create dynamic graphical charts and tables.
- Perform statistical analysis.
- Link descriptions and multimedia to your data.
- Build your own expert systems.
- Create new tables, merging information from several sources.
- Build your own business intelligence system.