On this page
On the Advanced tab, the QlikView Distribution Service (QDS) handling of the QlikView engine (QVB.exe) can be managed.
When section access is defined in the documents, it may be necessary to configure a specific entry for the QDS to avoid that it interfere with the work of the task. By default, the QDS will apply the section access associated to the Windows user under which the service run. This may be overridden at each task. If a default override is preferable, it can be defined by configuring the login credentials in the following text boxes:
To configure the user name, enter the desired credentials in this text box.
To configure the password, enter the desired credentials in this text box.
Cluster Node Settings
When a distribution group is activated, this section provides QlikView Distribution Service (QDS) URL as well as lists the configuration defined in the DistributionGroupDefinition.xml file.
For each QDS in a publisher group, the following is configured:
- Max Simultaneous Engines (For Dist) - The maximum number of simultaneous QlikView Batch instances (default 4).
- Max Simultaneous Engines (For Admin) - The maximum number of simultaneous QlikView Batch readers (default 20).
- Number of Dedicated Engines - The number of dedicated QlikView Batch instances (default 0).
- Run Dedicated Tasks Alone- Whether to run dedicated tasks alone or not (default false).
- Dedicated Task Grace Time- If Run Dedicated Tasks Alone is set to Yesand this setting means that no regular task may be started by this QDS within number of minutes or less until the nearest dedicated task is scheduled (default 0).
- Distribution Groups - List of available distribution groups
When a distribution group is activated, this section provides the QDS URL as well as list the group(s) this QDS node is part of.
To send a work order to the designated QDS, click on the Send Work Order button.