On this page
Publish a link to a QlikView document in the Qlik Sense hub
You can publish a link to a QlikView document in the Qlik Sense hub instead of distributing files by e-mail or to a specific folder location. You can use this method when you want to share a QlikView document with a named user that is part of the Active Directory user group in both QlikView and Qlik Sense.
From November 2019, QlikView apps are compatible with Qlik Sense Enterprise on Cloud Services and Qlik Sense Enterprise on Kubernetes. You can upload a QlikView app in the cloud hub, access it, and share it with other users. To learn how to use QlikView apps in a cloud environment, see the cloud editions of Qlik Sense documentation: QlikView in cloud editions of Qlik Sense.
Once shared, QlikView documents are listed in the Qlik Sense hub. You can open a document from the hub and interact with it using the functionality of the AJAX client. When viewing QlikView documents in Qlik Sense, no changes can be saved.
Before you begin
To enable link to QlikView documents in the Qlik Sense hub, the following is required:
- Your QlikView version is 12.00 SR3 or later.
- Your QlikView installation has a publisher license.
A different set of certificates (client.pfx, server.pfx, and root.cer) have been exported, by your system administrator, from the Qlik Sense Management Console to each of the QlikView Distribution Service (QDS) machines.
- The server connection to the Qlik Sense AccessPoint has been configured to use the machine name.
- Qlik Sense has been configured to allow shared content.
QlikView certificate requirements
When creating a set of certificate for QlikView, the following is required:
- The certificates must be created using the full name, including the domain of the QDS machine.
- The certificates must be password protected.
- A secret key pair must be created.