On this page
By default, there are no extensions installed with QlikView. You can easily check this:
- Open QlikView Desktop.
- Create a new blank QlikView document.
- Switch to WebView: Select View > Turn on/off WebView, or click the WebView button in the Design toolbar.
Right click anywhere in the sheet and select New Sheet Object.
This displays the New Sheet Object dialog where you can see a list of standard QlikView objects. If you select the Extension Objects item in the accordion you will notice that the list is empty.
You can install extensions from an extension package:
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the.qar extension package file.
- Double-click the extension package file.
- QlikView is launched and a dialog is displayed which confirms that extensions have been successfully installed.
If you return to the QlikView document, you can see that there are now extensions available in the New Sheet Object dialog.Note: If the extensions are not visible in the New Sheet Object dialog, press F5 to refresh.
To add and extension, drag and drop one of the extensions into your sheet. The default properties can be found in the Presentation panel, Caption panel and Option panel.